Monday 3 February 2014

I owe it to myself......

I'm tired today. Exhausted, actually.....

For the last 2 weeks we've been dealing with sickness - everything from the tummy flu, to a nasty cough -  and this week looks like it's not going to be much different! I tell myself constantly, "if you get up before the kids you can get your workout over with, and it'll give you more energy", then I have a night like last night. Ty was up every hour coughing so hard he'd nearly get sick, he was in my bed, out of my bed, in my bed, out....I got NO sleep. Needless to say, when my alarm went off this morning there was no way I was getting up to workout.

Now, in the past I'd have used my lack of sleep as an excuse to not workout at all, telling myself "ill do it tomorrow - I'm sure tonight will be better", and then continuing this pattern day after day. Not anymore! My workout will be done today, and I'll do it knowing that I'm going to feel better afterward....I always do!

"I owe it to myself, and my kids, to take some time for me today!"

That is something I'm going to remind myself of Every. Single. Day.
My whole family deserves the best "me", and I know that after an hour of sweating it out I'm in a much better place mentally :)

If you're struggling like I am today, hopefully you find this helpful!


Oh - and one last thing. I've been asked to break down my first post, go into more details about my struggles throughout the years. I will be doing this eventually, it'll just take some time to write it all out.

Have a Great day!





No comments:

Post a Comment